The Web Designer will be responsible for the design of major and minor Web applications and components for ecommerce and commercial web properties. The position will design and test web sites, applications and components. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to insure the success of the projects. The web designer will have the ability to create web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment. They will be required to have experience in graphics, and layout involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies.
Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Operates effectively as a member of the design team.
- Also operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Responsible for the development of web applications and components.
- Responsible for the design of web pages, graphics, multimedia, GUIs.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications.
- Minimum of 2 years of web design and development experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- Front-end and some back-end development experience.
- More important is the experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
- Practical experience is graphics creation with Photoshop, Illustrator, (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- BS / BA university degree a plus but not required.