The Structural Designer will be responsible for creating new structural packaging designs for new R&D projects and supporting line extensions. You will collaborate with the product packaging team teams and external suppliers/partners from brainstorming new innovative concepts for packaging component design through technical feasibility and cost assessments.
- Take projects from the concept stage through execution; specifications, and construct prototypes.
- Review spec packages and samples (outbound and inbound) from suppliers to assure execution of original spec and design intent.
- Independently manage packaging deadlines to align with project release milestones on multiple projects.
- Understanding of the design and development process from concept to production.
- Understanding of industry testing protocols and basic printing and production processes.
- Highly organized with exemplary time management skills.
- Critical thinker and reliable decision-maker.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and build consensus; equally capable at working independently.
- Proficient with SolidWorks, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
- Modeling and prototyping skills.
- Working knowledge of techniques such as die-cutting, thermoforming, injection and blister molding.
- Broad knowledge of materials, material applications, and packaging construction.
- BA/BS degree in Design or related field.