The Graphic/Packaging Designer will be responsible for working with a copywriter to design consumer facing product packaging. Also, this person would be involved in photographing products, cleaning, sizing and maintaining product images, solving packaging needs by designing structurally sound packaging solutions that meet merchandising needs, creating and producing layouts for presentations, catalogs, and sell-sheets. The Graphic/Packaging Designer will work closely with the Creative Director in the development of graphic communications that enhance the sales of products while establishing and reinforcing our clients’ brand image.
- Work with Creative Director, Copywriter, and client affiliates to create and execute graphics and packaging designs from beginning to end following timelines and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Develops packaging that has structural integrity, that communicates product’s benefits while, reinforcing brand identity to increase product’s sell-through at retail.
- Be able to develop structurally sound package solutions utilizing various mediums including chipboard, sulfite board, corrugated, clam shells, blister packs, acetate and other materials.
- Knowledge of package manufacturing processes and capable of generating detailed packaging specs. Must have experience re-thinking package designs with new, innovative visions.
- Prepare images for the Product Management, Marketing, and Sales (clean surfaces, color correct, remove duplicates, name files, create clipping paths).
- Prop and direct product photography.
- Design, review and maintain typography, layout, color, copy, and images.
- Research and identify packaging trends and materials.
- Create planograms for merchandising.
- Design and engineer visual merchandising tools, including posters, graphic panels, and POP displays.
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling. Knowledge and experience with CAD programs a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or extensive design experience.
- Minimum 2 years graphic design experience, preferably within a consumer products company.
- Must possess creative and innovative sketching, design and conceptualization skills.
- Must have strong photography skills with an outstanding visual style.
- Self disciplined and self-directed with the ability to manage multiple projects and be able to take creative direction well.
- Have the proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment both individually and as part of the team.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong organizational sense with an attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and strategize solutions under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Mac System and Adobe Creative Suite.