Creative copywriters are employed by Theory both permanently and on a freelance basis to develop various Branding initiatives. They mainly deliver the words and verbal content that accompanies the visual elements. Our copywriters usually work in close partnership with art directors and have lots of input into the visual elements.
The copywriter is responsible for building a client’s creative brief and generating original copy ideas that grab the attention of the target audience. This can include creating naming, slogans, and body copy. Usually our copywriters work on multiple projects.
- Meeting with account executives to discuss the client’s requirements and core messages.
- Familiarizing themselves with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
- Brainstorming ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the creative team.
- Presenting initial ideas to the creative director, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts.
- Modifying copy until the client is satisfied.
- Overseeing the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, and photographers.
- Accuracy is essential. Copywriters are also responsible for checking spelling and grammar.
- Highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients’ products or services.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well in a team and with a range of creative people.
- Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Highly self-motivated and well organized.
- Work within strict budgets.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Possess good leadership, people and project management skills.
- Technology…actually a passion for tech is what we’re looking for.
- Touring retail stores that sell our clients’ their products (Best Buy, Target, Apple, Walmart, etc.).